Welcome to Kindergarten!
- Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Word Study
- Read Aloud: Teacher reads to students, modelling comprehension strategies
- Shared Reading: Teacher and students reading together
- Handwriting: hand position, grip, directionality and formation of letters
- NY Readers Workshop: Minilessons and Independent reading time
- NY Writers Workshop: Personal Narrative, Informational Writing, Persuasive Writing
Math District adopted curriculum is Engage NY/Eureka Math. We supplement with the following:
- Dreambox Learning
- Marci Cook Activities
- Kim Sutton Math Games
- AIMS activities
- TWIG Science
- Mystery Science
- Exploring Social Studies California (TCM Publishing)
- Second Step
- Sanford Harmony
- Vocal music weekly with a music specialist
- Thematic crafts
- Directed draw
- Instruction and creative exploration using various media: paint, clay, pastel, etc.
- Observe appropriate bedtimes. Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep.
- Eat a healthy breakfast each morning.
- Pack your child's Kindergarten bag before bedtime so it's ready to go in the morning.
- Set aside a block of time each day to devote to reading.
- Share your own positive experiences about school with your child.
Ask your child specific questions about their day.