- Cougar Ed Fund
Pick-Up / Drop Off Procedures
PICK UP AND DROP OFF BY CAR, FOOT, AND BIKES/SCOOTERS
TK/K: Park in the neighborhood and walk your child to and from the front kindergarten gate.
Grades 1-5 by CAR:
- Drop your child off after 8:15 in the morning to ensure that they will be supervised. The playground is supervised by our teachers from 8:15 - 8:30 a.m. If your child has to arrive before 8:15 a.m., they must be enrolled in Kids Country
- Drop children from cars in the front parking lot only. Do not use the Kids Country Lot for drop-off or pick-up for school. Please do not use our neighbor’s driveways to turn around.
- Help your child exit the car quickly from the passenger side of the car by ensuring that their backpack is placed next to them in the car. Parents should NEVER exit the car while in the drop-off area. The teachers will assist the child in unloading at the loading zone (yellow curb) in the drive-thru parking lot.
- Be a good role model to our students by being considerate.
- Do not use cell phones while driving in the pick-up/drop-off areas.
- Plan your arrival for pick-up after the bell rings at 3 p.m. rather than coming early and awaiting the students’ dismissal. This will help the traffic continue to flow and prevent the need for other cars to go around the awaiting cars to get through, causing very serious safety issues. It is illegal to stop on Brookside Drive because you are awaiting entrance into the school lot. Cars that block the flow of traffic may be ticketed. Please turn into the through traffic lane of the school parking lot and circle until you can safely move to the designated loading lane. Cars should never be turned off while in the flow of traffic
- Students must be picked up by 3:15 p.m. Students not picked up by this time will be sent to the school office and the parents will be notified.
Grades 1-5 - PEDESTRIANS
- Walk on the sidewalk, when available, and only use marked cross walks to cross any streets.
- Meet your child under the pavillion
- Wear a helmet. One rider per bike.
- Walk on Brookside Dr. between our campus and Paraiso. The sidewalks and street are too congested to ride safely.
- Walk bikes/scooters at all times on campus.
- Secure bike in bike racks.
- Walk bikes/scooters across streets at designated crosswalks.
- Follow all the same traffic rules that affect motor vehicles including heeding of all road signs. Please obtain a copy of the California Department of Motor Vehicles handbook and read the section on bicycles.
NO DOGS ON CAMPUS
PARKING IN AND AROUND CAMPUS
- No parking in red zones, fire lane, or Kids Country.
- Please observe posted parking signs in the neighborhood.
- No parking on the east side of Brookside between Timberline and Brookside from 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.