- School Info
JOHN BALDWIN ATTENDANCE LINE
- Excused absences are
- Illness, injury, or quarantine
- Medical, dental, optometric or chiropractic appointment
- Funeral service for immediate family member (mother, father, sibling, grandparent). Within California - 1 day, Out of state - 3 days.
- School related emergency such as no electricity
- Family emergencies
- Unexcused absences are:
- Personal reasons such as a vacation or family event
- Ceremony, retreat, dance or sport competition
- Funeral service other than excused
- Unreported absence
- Court appearance/hearing other than excused
Transitional Kindergarten and early Kindergarten classes start at 8:15 am. All TK and Kindergarten caregivers must park in the neighborhood and walk their child to and from the kindergarten gate. Kindergarten teachers will meet caregivers and students at the front of the school in designated pick up locations. Late start Kindergartners and 1st graders should line up in the designated locations. A teacher will pick them up and walk them to class.
Please drop off grade 1-5 students in the loop located at the front of the school. Do not use the Kids Country Lot for drop-off or pick-up for school. Please do not use our neighbor’s driveways to turn around. Students should only exit from the right side of the car. Do not use the Kids Country lot for drop off or pick up. When it is raining, students will proceed directly to their classroom at the times outlined above rather than proceeding to the playground.
- Help your child exit the car quickly from the passenger side of the car by ensuring that their backpack is placed next to them in the car. Parents should NEVER exit the car while in the drop-off area. The teachers will assist the child in unloading at the loading zone (yellow curb) in the drive-thru parking lot.
- Be a good role model to our students by being considerate.
- Do not use cell phones while driving in the pick-up/drop-off areas.
A friendly reminder that as you enter our parking lot, please only use the right hand lane to drop off or pick up your child. The left lane is intended for staff access, handicap parking, and for our two auction winners. Merging past the cones (Near the Crosswalk) is proving to be dangerous for our pedestrians. Your continued cooperation and support is appreciated! Also, students should only be released from the curb side doors. Kindergarten and TK parents, please remember that students are to be walked to the door!
Plan your arrival for pick-up after the dismissal bell at the end of the rather than coming early and awaiting the students’ dismissal. This will help the traffic continue to flow and prevent the need for other cars to go around the awaiting cars to get through, causing very serious safety issues. It is illegal to stop on Brookside Drive because you are awaiting entrance into the school lot. Cars that block the flow of traffic may be ticketed. Please turn into the through traffic lane of the school parking lot and circle until you can safely move to the designated loading lane. Cars should never be turned off while in the flow of traffic.
- Walking on the sidewalk, when available, and only use marked cross walks to cross any streets.
- Picking up students from under the pavillion (grades 1-5) and from the kindergarten gate (grades TK and K).
- **Please note: Students should not be instructed to wait for parents by playing in the Big Toy area as there is no supervision provided in these areas after school. The waiting zone is on the blacktop. Please also remember that no supervision is provided in other locations (i.e. Iron Horse Trail).
By Bicycle/scooter: (Skates, in-line skates, or heelies are not allowed on campus at any time.)
- Wear a helmet. One rider per bike.
- Walk on Brookside Dr. between our campus and Paraiso. The sidewalks and street are too congested to ride safely.
- Walk bikes/scooters at all times on campus.
- Secure bike in bike racks.
- Walk bikes/scooters across streets at designated crosswalks.
- Follow all the same traffic rules that affect motor vehicles including heeding of all road signs. Please obtain a copy of the California
- Department of Motor Vehicles handbook and read the section on bicycles.
Parking In and Around Campus:
- No parking in red zones, parking lots, fire lane, or Kids Country.
- Please observe posted parking signs in the neighborhood.
- No parking on the east side of Brookside between Timberline and Brookside from 8:00 -9:00 a.m. AND 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
REGULAR & RAINY DAY INFORMATION
- Please make arrangements/plan for how you will reunite with your child BEFORE the school day begins. Phone calls to change plans during the day are not easy to communicate to students as it interrupts the learning of all children in the classroom.
- Students that have specific "one day" instructions for dismissal need to give a signed note to their teacher explaining the instructions at the beginning of the day or have this arranged in advance with the teacher.
- Students that will be frequently picked up by other families (ex. carpools or walking groups) need to have that family's contact information included in their electronic "emergency card" that you update on the parent portal. Failure to provide proper information may result in students remaining at school to verify proper dismissal instructions with parents.
- Students being picked up by "foot" (or who walk/bike home) are dismissed on the blacktop. Students may exit at the back gate by the Iron Horse Trail or at the front gate near the big toy playground. All students need to use the crosswalk to cross the street.
- Students being picked up by a car or by carpool are picked up at the front parking lot near Brookside. Parents are reminded to stay in their vehicles at all times.
- Early worker 1st graders will ALL be picked up at the front of the school.
- Students must be picked up or walk home immediately after dismissal.
- Kids Country students walk to the back of the Kids Country building or follow instructions from Kids Country staff. Teachers escort our younger students to their respective pick-up place during dismissal.