A friendly reminder that as you enter our parking lot, please only use the right hand lane to drop off or pick up your child. The left lane is intended for staff access, handicap parking, and for our two auction winners. Merging past the cones (Near the Crosswalk) is proving to be dangerous for our pedestrians. Your continued cooperation and support is appreciated! Also, students should only be released from the curb side doors. Kindergarten and TK parents, please remember that students are to be walked to the door!
Drop Off/Pick Up Reminders (Remember to always use crosswalks for the safety of your child):
- All TK and Kindergarten caregivers must park in the neighborhood and walk their child to and from the kindergarten gate.
- Drop children grades 1-5 from cars in the front parking lot only. Do not use the Kids Country Lot for drop-off or pick-up for school. Please do not use our neighbor’s driveways to turn around.
- Help your child exit the car quickly from the passenger side of the car by ensuring that their backpack is placed next to them in the car. Caregivers should NEVER exit the car while in the drop-off area. The teachers will assist the child in unloading at the loading zone (yellow curb) in the drive-thru parking lot.
- Be a good role model to our students by being considerate.
- Do not use cell phones while driving in the pick-up/drop-off areas.
- Plan your arrival for pick-up after the dismissal bell at the end of the rather than coming early and awaiting the students’ dismissal. This will help the traffic continue to flow and prevent the need for other cars to go around the awaiting cars to get through, causing very serious safety issues. It is illegal to stop on Brookside Drive because you are awaiting entrance into the school lot. Cars that block the flow of traffic may be ticketed. Please turn into the through traffic lane of the school parking lot and circle until you can safely move to the designated loading lane. Cars should never be turned off while in the flow of traffic
- Drop your child off after 8:15 in the morning to ensure that they will be supervised. The playground for grades 1-5 is supervised by our teachers from 8:15 - 8:30 a.m. If your child has to arrive before 8:30 a.m., they must be enrolled in Kids Country.
- Walking on the sidewalk, when available, and only use marked cross walks to cross any streets.
- Picking up students from the blacktop (grades 1-5) and from the kindergarten gate (grades TK and K).
- **Please note: Students may not play on the playground or in the Big Toy area after school as there is no supervision provided in these areas. The waiting zone is on the blacktop by the lunch tables. Please also remember that no supervision is provided in other locations (i.e. Iron Horse Trail).
By Bicycle/scooter: (Skates, in-line skates, or heelies are not allowed on campus at any time.)
- Wear a helmet. One rider per bike.
- Walk on Brookside Dr. between our campus and Paraiso. The sidewalks and street are too congested to ride safely.
- Walk bikes/scooters at all times on campus.
- Secure bike in bike racks.
- Walk bikes/scooters across streets at designated crosswalks.
- Follow all the same traffic rules that affect motor vehicles including heeding of all road signs. Please obtain a copy of the California Department of Motor Vehicles handbook and read the section on bicycles.
Parking In and Around Campus:
- No parking in red zones, parking lots, fire lane, or Kids Country.
- Please observe posted parking signs in the neighborhood.
- No parking on the east side of Brookside between Timberline and Brookside from 8:00 -9:00 a.m. AND 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.